Thursday, September 19, 2019

THE SWEETNESS OF GODS GRACE AND MERCY part 2

Soooo.......I often write about Gods grace and mercy! It has carried me, it carries us all. How do we think we are allowed to wake up every morning, Christians and Sinners alike! It's by Gods grace and mercy! It meets us as we wake up, fresh and new every day! The subject that has me excited this  morning was the title of one of the devotional readings I read, the title was "Grace Resets the Scene!" Isn't that amazing! It gave the example of how Jesus resets the scene for Peter. Remember Peter was the one who denied Jesus 3 times before they nailed him to the cross. The first time Peter denied him was around a fire. God resets the scene, around a fire on the beach, by asking him 3 times if he loves him! Peter was hurt because he recognizes the 3 times theme, and he is ashamed, but Jesus never brings up the fact that he knows Peter denied him. Jesus doesn't throw it back in his face and condemns him, he simply gives him a chance at REDEMPTION! He gives him a chance to heal from his past mistake of denying him, and turns it all around! Peter responds all 3 times, "Of course I love you Jesus!". Jesus simply replies, feed my people! I love this, that is what God has done in my life, I just have the scales of my eyes this time to recognize that! I have humbled myself, forgiven myself, and totally surrendered to his will! God has come into my heart, found the shame, guilt, anger, bitterness, addiction, and everything else I was holding on too, and RESET THE SCENE! He has filled those places in my mind and heart with his love and kindness, He has filled those places with forgiveness! That is so powerful, now when I look back at those times, the pain doesn't strike my heart, God has reset it. He has given me purpose, just like he gave Peter. He told Peter to "feed his sheep".......his sheep are us.....HIS CHILDREN! He was forgiven, so that he could go into the world and teach people, His sheep, about the love of God! So that he may be glorified! That is what I want to do with my life, God has forgiven me so many times, this time is different, he has completely reset the scene for me. No matter what I have done, no matter how bad or destructive it was, I have been redeemed! He has filled those horrible spaces with his love, now I have the strength to tell the world. Now I am not ashamed or embarrassed to tell my story! Jesus didn't come to this world to condemn it, he came so that we could be saved through him! The only way to salvation is through Jesus! Jesus doesn't throw are mistakes back in our face, he doesn't shame us with our past, He forgives us, and leads us with love, grace and mercy to our futures. The future he has already planned for us, we just have to follow! So remember, God wants to reset you, he wants to reset the scene in you life. Allow him to do his best work, to perform his miracles through your wounds. Just give it all to him, meet him in your most wounded spots, and he will replace your mistakes and failures with his love and PURPOSE! Then you will be able to go feed his sheep! That's what this is all about, helping others, lifting others up, so that God gets the glory, and the kingdom is edified! As I say always, i don't know you but I love love love you! Most importantly GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU KNOW!! 

God resets the scene for Peter. John chapter 21

"The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them; he delivers them from all their troubles. The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit!" Psalms 34:17-18 

This is the link to the Top Christian Womens Blog site, they have something for everyone, from the lost sinner, to the mature christian. Be  Blessed! https://blog.feedspot.com/christian_women_blogs/

to be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment