Wednesday, September 18, 2019

THE SWEETNESS OF GODS GRACE AND MERCY

Soooo......I love how God never fails to speak to me, to encourage me every day! Gods grace and mercy never runs out! That's what I am excited about today. I was thinking about the time I was homeless after I left college, on the streets of Providence. I was thinking about how I could of fallen into a crack addiction, a heroin addict, and prostitution! BUT GOD! It was only by the mercy of God I wasn't killed, God scooped me out of that situation with one big swoop!! It was unbelievable!! "Its because of the Lords great love we are not consumed, for His compassion's never fail. They are new every morning,great is thy faithfulness"  Lamentations 3:22-23...........Realigning myself with God is the best decision I have ever made for my life! I had been double minded for so long, claiming that I loved God, but still living in sin, doing my own thing! You cannot sin and say you love God, you must love one and hate the other. I had been living like I hated God for so long! The choice seems to be simple when you think of it, the devil comes to destroy you! "the thief (devil) comes only to steal, kill and destroy; I (God) have come that they (US) may have life and have it more abundantly". John 10:10........The passage of scripture that REALLY HIT ME this morning was found in the book of John. John 4:4-42! Jesus was talking to a Samaritan women beside Jacobs well, he asked her for a drink of water, and she was like, "Why would you a 'Jew' ask me for a drink of water?" and Jesus said "If you knew who was asking, and you asked me for water I would give it to you!" Then she said "But sir, you don't have a bucket and the well is deep, where would you get this LIVING WATER, are you GREATER THAN JACOB!"........THIS NEXT PART IS WHAT HIT!!! AND I MEAN HIT HARD!! IN A GOOD WAY!!! ........Jesus said "Everyone who drinks from this well will thirst again (SCREAM HALLELUJAH!), but whoever drinks the water I GIVE will NEVER THIRST AGAIN. The water I give them will become in them a spring of water welling up to eternal life." TO GOD BE THE GLORY!! Do you know what I got from that, anything you get from the world, is temporary, it doesn't last, it's unfulfilling, it's short lived!......but everything God gives is eternal, it's long lasting, it fills the voids in our lives, it breaks the yokes, it breaks the chains! It's eternal life. What ever the flesh craves is only a QUICK FIX! Drinking and smoking, or whatever it is we do to hide from our pain, and shame, and guilt, will only last for as long as the HIGH LASTS! That's why we have to keep chasing the high, we have to keep smoking, keeping finding that drink. That is why we do the things we do to get them, like steal, swindle, prostitute, etc. If we ask God for our living water, we ask him for forgiveness, strength, if we ask him to fill the voids in our lives, that is everlasting.  All we have to sacrifice is our lives, we don't have to do ANYTHING compromising! We don't have to steal for it, we won't have to sell our bodies, we don't have to lie to get it! He gives it freely, all we have to do is ASK, and follow the steps He gives to us, follow his guidance!! It feels so much better than going our own route!! Life won't be MAGICALLY perfect, but God gives us the tools and the love and encouragement to get through!!! WHEW!!!! That passage of scripture got me SO EXCITED!!! GOD I THANK YOU FOR YOU GRACE AND MERCY, I THANK YOU FOR THE LIVING WATER YOU HAVE GIVEN TO ME! I THANK YOU FOR THIS WELL THAT IS BUBBLING INSIDE OF ME!! THANK YOU GOD FOR SAVING MY LIFE!! As always....I can't say this enough, I don't know you but I love you LOTS LOTS LOTS! Most importantly GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE!!! LOVE EVERLASTING, LIKE THE WATER FROM HIS WELL!!

This is the link to the Top Christian Womens Blog site, they have something for everyone, from the lost sinner, to the mature christian. Be  Blessed! https://blog.feedspot.com/christian_women_blogs/

to be continued..........  

No comments:

Post a Comment