Thursday, September 26, 2019

THE POWER OF BEING GRATEFUL!

Soooo....I thank God for waking me up this morning, I thank Him for the honor and the privilege of being in his presence. I thank you God for this platform, to be able to share my journey back to him, living in obedience to His will, and his word! I am truly thankful for the new life he has given me! This mornings bible reading took a different turn, it was not about me, it was not about the miracle the Lord has in store for me, it was about others! The second devotional that I read told a story of how the man (who wrote it) took a missionary trip to Guatemala to spread encouragement, and tell about Gods love. He and another missionary visited a place called GARBAGE CITY, yes, a place called GARBAGE CITY, where trash and filth is stored! Their houses were made from whatever scrap material they can find, come to find out, generations of them have lived and died in those conditions! When they approached the people, they were smiling and offering them whatever they had to eat and drink! They were filled with joy and happiness, CAN YOU IMAGINE! The man asked them, why are you so happy, I don't understand how given your circumstances, and one man replied, "I know you don't understand us, if you did you would understand that we are ONLY dependent on God! We are never needy, for God supplies all our needs and He never fails us!" That right there took me right out, I had to stop reading and meditate on that. This man lives with his children and wife in some of the most impoverished conditions I have ever heard about and his faith and love of God was that of a MILLIONAIRE! No matter how bad things seemed to OTHERS he knew who is help came from and believed firmly in Him! I couldn't help but think, not matter how bad I THINK things are now in my life, or how bad things were, there is always someone else going through MUCH WORSE! It was a form of conviction, even though those people live that type of poverty, they want and need for nothing! God really smacked me with this one this morning! Needless to say, those men left encouraged! I was encouraged as well, I learned that being dependent on God who is more than faithful, brings joy that cannot be explained! It brings a joy and peace that I would never be able to find ANYWHERE else on earth! WHEW!! Joy UNSPEAKABLE can only be given from the Lord! THAT'S IT, NO QUESTIONS OR DEBATE! Anything else is a false sense of what your looking for, an it is a LIE! I love you my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, AND GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE!!

Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kindom of heaven.
Matthew 5:3

Blessed are the meek, for they will inheret the earth
Matthew 5:5

This is the link to the Top Christian Womens Blog site, they have something for everyone, from the lost sinner, to the mature christian. Be  Blessed! https://blog.feedspot.com/christian_women_blogs/

to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment