Tuesday, October 8, 2019

THE IMPORTANCE OF COMMUNITY

Sooooo......If you remember, back in an old post, I explained how I used to isolate myself, putting up a wall between me and the rest of the world, ruining personal relationships, and how I asked God to help me be a better friend and family member! I also asked that he mend the relationship between me and my best friend of over 16 years....I just realized it's been 16 years, now I feel old!!! ANYWAYS, after I prayed, God, in his most amazing way, has been doing just that! I started and finished this bible plan called "Better Together". It outlined things like forgiveness, confiding in others, humility, and holding each other accountable! I am so happy God has opened the door back up in my friendship, and family relationships, it is up to me to follow through, to heed his instructions, and be intentional with everything I do. I also prayed that he mend the relationship between me and my siblings! I am the oldest, and haven't always been a very good example! God has given me another chance to do this right, and I'm not going to squander it or take this for granted! Having that other person to do life with is vital to our Christian walk. I am "lucky" to have a best friend who already has a good foundation, rooted and grounded in Christ ( we were both raised in the church with very strict mothers!!), but if you don't have that in your life, pray and ask God to send someone along! He will answer! In James 5:16 it says "Confess your sins one to another, so that you may be healed. The prayers of a righteous person is powerful and effective!" NIV That is why having a close relationship with a friend, a group a friends, that close relative, is VITAL! We can be healed from confessing our sins, telling that person or persons everything, getting it out of our spirit and hearts. That takes the load off of your heart, get it all out, so God can replace it with His love, and his purpose! I used to think that MY BUSINESS IS MY BUSINESS! That is a very dangerous head space to be in! That is what the devil wants you to do, HOLD ON to all that mess, KEEP IT INSIDE so that it can rot you out. So that you will have to indulge in substance abusive, and destructive behavior to block it out! DON'T ALLOW THE ENEMY TO WIN!! Do not keep yourself bound! Give it to Jesus, talk about it with that close person, scrape it all out! Have an accountability partner, someone who will pray for you, bring you before God! I was reading the story about how a group of friends carried their paralyzed friend on a mat to see Jesus who was teaching in a house. It was so packed, they couldn't even get in the front door! So they climbed up onto the roof (I can't eve imagine how they managed this) broke through (they had to dig through the tile and whatever else) and lowered their friend in front of Jesus! ISN'T THAT AMAZING!!!! We need those type of friends, and we also need to be that kind of friend to someone else!!!! Someone who will stop at nothing to bring you before Jesus when you can't get there on your own!! Someone who will pull you up, lower you down, encourage you, be there when the miracle happens, be there when the storm arises, be there to correct, be there to redirect, be there in tears, be there during the smiles, for everything! God did not make us to go through this life ALONE! If He did, there would just be Adam right now, chillin' by himself in the garden, just him and the animals!! lol!! ASK GOD TO SEND YOU SOMEBODY!! Don't do this own your own! If you are not someone who is good at relationships and letting people in, ask God for guidance, ask Him to break down your walls!! He we see you through EVERY STEP OF THE WAY!!!!........OH, AND READ YOUR BIBLE EVERYONE!! I'M NOT PLAYIN'!!! LOL! I love you to life, you know that! GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE!!!! 

The story of the men lowering their friend can be found in Luke 5:17-26

This is the link to the Top Christian Womens Blog site, they have something for everyone, from the lost sinner, to the mature christian. Be  Blessed! https://blog.feedspot.com/christian_women_blogs/

to be continued.......


No comments:

Post a Comment