Monday, October 7, 2019

THE IMPORTANCE OF HUMILITY

Soooo...today I just want to kind of piggy back off of the last two posts that I have done. The last post, I was basically reminiscing about the times where I was VERY judgmental, and full of pride, and basically having a BIG HEAD! Today, the devotional reading was about HUMILITY! Gods plan, I can't even put into words how happy, and loved I feel! Yesterday he reminded me about how prideful I used to be, and today he has given me the tools to defeat those character flaws!! GOD IS SO AWESOME! HE IS JUST AMAZING!! Jesus, was a humbled SERVANT! He said that he came to earth not to BE SERVED, but TO SERVE! He is humility incarnated! If I want to be more and more like Him, than HUMILITY is one of the most important, if not the most important character trait we can have! Now, when I look at that word, at first, one of the first things I thought about was being HUMILIATED!! You see how the devil works, he knows our flaws, just as much as God does, except the enemy hopes we act, instead of change! I realized that I need to be in a constant state of SERVING! If you have read from the earlier posts, I talked about feeling like the house servant, how no one else helps out with the cleaning, the cooking, the dishes, the trash, the yard work etc. I was deep in pride then, and I decided to TAKE my reward, instead of just doing what I knew needed to be done, to just serve and help the lady of the house, instead I was concentrating on what OTHERS weren't doing! Jesus, the night before He was to be crucified, WASHED THE FEET OF HIS DISCIPLES! WASHED........FEET!!!!! Can you imagine, the King of Kings, the master of the universe, the ruler over ALL THINGS, the ALPHA and OMEGA, the author and the finisher, the GREAT I AM, the SAVIOR, the FATHER to all living beings on the planet.........WASHING FEET!!! If Jesus knelt down and washed the crusty feet of 12 men, the night before He was to be beaten, spit on, stabbed, cursed, betrayed, denied, whipped, and NAILED TO A CROSS, for the sins of the people who were doing those very things to Him, and for EVERYONE ELSE EVER IN CREATION, than who am I to think I can't clean up a little ole house! Who am I to complain that I have to do dishes, and a little yard work!! Those things seem so petty when I put them in comparison! PETTY AND IMMATURE!! Let's strive together, to be more and more like Jesus! His level of HUMILITY can never be matched by any mere human being on this planet, but He doesn't expect us to be perfect, HE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN BE THAT!....but if we continue to be lead by the spirit and not by the flesh, we can work in humility, be in constant service to the ones around us, and to people we don't know! I believe you can't be in ANY form of ministry and not be humble, and operate in humility! Pride and humility cannot coexist! They are two opposing traits, which one will you chose today! I choose HUMILITY! I know first hand what pride and complaining brings.......FAILURE AND DESTRUCTION! The expression "Pride comes before the fall" is real!!! I love you to life....GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE!! He wants to serve you, so serve Him, AND OTHERS!! 

"Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory, but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves!"
Philippians 2:3

"When pride cometh, then cometh shame; but with the lowly is wisdom" 
Proverbs 11:2

"Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up"
James 4:10

"Be of the same mind one toward another. Mind not the high things, but condescend to men of low estate. Be not wise in your own conceits"
Romans 12:6

This is the link to the Top Christian Womens Blog site, they have something for everyone, from the lost sinner, to the mature christian. Be  Blessed! https://blog.feedspot.com/christian_women_blogs/

to be continued.........


No comments:

Post a Comment