Saturday, October 19, 2019

PROVERBS part 1

Soo....this will be a quick post (I think, it's up to God really)! I read somewhere on a twitter post about a Proverbs challenge, reading one chapter a day! So God led me to start this, but not in my Bible app, but in my Study Bible (a Christmas gift from my mother 2 years ago!). I read Proverbs the first time I decided to follow Christ (and failed because I was not transformed by the renewing of my mind!), I thought it was just a book that was full of chastisement! I thought it was a book full of threats from God, threats of what would happen if you didn't do what your supposed to do! NOW PROVERBS IS HITTING ME COMPLETELY DIFFERENT! I cannot and will not take credit for how I understand Proverbs now, it is God who gave me this understanding! This comes from reading the word everyday, learning from God everyday, listening to his instructions everyday, praying everyday, walking in obedience everyday! In the first 6 chapters of Proverbs, God tells us to hold on the the wisdom and understanding He has given to us! (If you have been reading and studying His word everyday, placing it in your heart, applying it to your life!). Those first 6 chapters also talked about standing strong against the temptations of this world, the temptation of sin! Standing strong against the temptation of greed, and gaining fine things! I believe this happens after God rains down the MAJOR blessings promised to us! The temptation to GO BACK TO OLD WAYS, the temptation to sell out for money, fame, and fine things will be STRONG! To take our lives back into our own hands after the blessing! He warns us to CLING ON TO THE WISDOM AND UNDERSTANDING He has given to us during our development! He warns us to lean not unto our own understanding, and to acknowledged Him in ALL OUR WAYS and He will direct our path! That means, don't ever think now that God has blessed us, now that we have gained what we have been working toward, that we can TAKE IT FROM THERE ON OUR OWN, TAKING OUR WILL BACK! We as believers should never think we have arrived to the point that we can do things without God! THAT IS A LIE FROM THE PIT OF HELL! For me, personally, I want to always live like I am now, hungry and thirsty for Gods word, his leadership, his guidance, with the desire to be OBEDIENT TO HIS WILL AND HIS WAY! I want to always live like I am about to be PUT OUT, like I'm one step away from being broken, one step away from death and destruction if I turn away from God! I know that sounds like a crazy way of thinking, it may even sound like BONDAGE, but it's not! Staying in that mindset means that we will never forget what God has brought us through, where He has brought us from, how He delivered us, how He put us back together! This way we will never forget that WE CANNOT DO LIFE WITHOUT HIM! WITHOUT HIM OUR LIVES WOULD ME MEANINGLESS, WORTHLESS, AND DESTRUCTIVE! We will remember the weight of sin, and how we feel living and walking in FREEDOM!! AND THAT EVERYTHING THAT GOD BLESSES US WITH, EVERYTHING THAT HE HAS RESTORED, ABUNDANTLY, CAN BE TAKEN AWAY IN A SECOND IF WE DON'T KEEP HIS COMMANDMENTS, IF WE FORGET WHERE WE CAME FROM AND TAKE MATTERS BACK INTO OUR OWN HANDS!!!! I love you to life, GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE!! 

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart, and lean not unto your own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, depart from evil. It shall be health to thy navel,and marrow to thy bones." Proverbs 3:5-8


This is the link to the Top Christian Womens Blog site, they have something for everyone, from the lost sinner, to the mature christian. Be  Blessed! https://blog.feedspot.com/christian_women_blogs/

to be continued..........


No comments:

Post a Comment