Friday, October 18, 2019

REBUILDING THE PARENT part 2

Sooo....here goes part 2 to the earlier post! I started and completed a study plan this morning called "7 Things the Bible says about Parenting." Through this plan, God gave me the tools to become a better parent, and how to raise my children in the way they should go, meaning, to teach them to lead a spiritual life! I want my kids to have every advantage in life, but the only way they will be TRULY successful is to follow Gods plan and purpose for their life! I want to be the example of that for them! I have learned that there needs to be a balance, the scale of love and discipline needs to be as even as possible. If I show a lot of love, but not enough discipline, then they will become SPOILED! (and as parents we DEFINITELY don't want that!) If we discipline too much (overly hard on them all the time) and lacking in affection, then we push them away! We as parents should always seek God, allow Him to lead us in this area! If we are doing too much of either one, then we are acting through our EMOTIONS, and not from the word of God, and as we know all to well, our emotions can and will mislead us! If we have a balance, then our children will accept the discipline as a loving correction, making them more cautious about doing the wrong thing, and they will carry around a type of conviction with them when they are out of our sights! The other lesson God taught me was that I should pray with and pray for my children everyday! This protects their spirit, something they cannot do on their own and is our responsibility! That is how my daughter fell into this obsession she had with Billie Eillish! Her spirit was unguarded, she was reaching out to a demonic source for emotional comfort, for emotional relativity, instead of knowing to come to me, OR MORE IMPORTANTLY PRAYING TO GOD! I have to watch what I say to my children, when I was in sin, I was a parent who when triggered by my kids, say mean things when I was angry! I used to fuss and cuss, and everything in between! I have to speak LIFE into my children! It doesn't mean I won't ever get frustrated, or yell sometimes, it's WHAT I say and the feeling behind it that matters! We are to teach our kids how to pray, and who to turn to when they find themselves in an bad place mentally and emotionally! The devil preys on their emotions and mind just as much as he does with adults!! He can get to them a lot faster if they don't have the tools to defend themselves! Teach them how to pray! Teach them the ways of God through the word! The best example you can give a child is how WE LIVE OUR LIVES! That is the first hand experience they will have! If we renew our minds daily (with the word of God), pray without ceasing (to build up our faith, strength and relationship with God), and testify to them, without going into too much mature details, what God has brought you from, they will learn day by day, year by year, the things of God and just how good He is! THAT WILL NEVER LEAVE THEM!! No matter what choices they make, no matter what road they choose (both of which we have no control over!!!!), they will always have that foundation, they will always have the ways of God INSTILLED in them! That is what my mother did for me and my siblings! You see, when I was out in the world as a young women, I did my thing, did what I wanted to do, BUT, I knew how far to go! I knew when too much was too much, I still had God in my ear! I still felt Him pulling! When I went to college, God surrounded me with girls who had a great foundation, girls who even if they weren't raised in the church, had a moral center! We didn't just DO ANYTHING!!...and my best friend, the one who I have mentioned in earlier posts, no matter how much we partied on the weekends, we got our butts up for church on Sunday! (well she got up, and almost ALWAYS had to MAKE me get up!! TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOR THAT!!) See, prayer and good foundation in God will guarantee that when you children go out into this world, THEY ARE COVERED!! They will know, even if they choose sin (WHICH I PRAY DESPERATELY THAT THEY DON'T!) they know how to pray, they know to call on the name of Jesus when they are covered in darkness! The spirit in them will draw them to church every once in a while if not every Sunday! It is very important for their survival, ESPECIALLY now a days!! It is getting increasingly wicked and evil! Our children are surrounded by the lies of the devil, through television, friends, music, and the BIGGEST THREAT OF ALL THE INTERNET!!! We MUST monitor what they ingest digitally, and prohibit things that we know will damage them spiritually! We need to CONSTANTLY keep our kids lifted in prayer, and just think about this, if God can deliver you, change your life COMPLETELY, than protection of our children is a breeze! NOTHING IS TOO HARD FOR OUR GOD TO HANDLE!!! I love you to LIFE! May God bless and keep all of our children, in Jesus name! GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE!! 

"Raise up a child in the way they should go, and even when they are old, will not depart from it!" Proverbs 22:8


This is the link to the Top Christian Womens Blog site, they have something for everyone, from the lost sinner, to the mature christian. Be  Blessed! https://blog.feedspot.com/christian_women_blogs/

to be continued..........

No comments:

Post a Comment