Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Forgive and FORGET

Soooo.......Have you ever heard the saying, I can forgive, but I will NEVER forget! I am sure you have, matter of fact, I adopted this statement in the trial I am facing right now in my life! I thought all I had to do is forgive, I had it in my mind that you can just FORGIVE and God will be pleased, I thought all I had to do is love in return, and BOOM that's it!! I am heart to tell you, THAT IS NOT THE CASE, UNFORTUNATELY!! I say UNFORTUNATELY because the flesh wants desperately hold on to that information, to not let go! It seems like a hard concept, like the people who have done something to you gets a pass, forgetting makes it seem like you have to go around and treat the people like nothing happened at all!! THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT GOD WANTS US TO DO!! That is LOVE! God said ABOVE ALL love one another right, well hear is what the bible says about what love really is, "Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS!!" AND THERE IS WAS, JUST SITTING THERE LOOKING AT ME! Now before I read this morning, I asked God to search my heart, and if there is ANYTHING that I am clinging on to, anything that is not like Him, anything that is contrary to His word, I asked Him reveal it!! AND THEN I READ THAT!! God WILL DO what you ask of Him!! I knew I had something lingering, I could feel it, and I didn't like it, I knew it was something that I needed to get rid of! Forgiving is all well and good, and pleasing to God, but He also wants us to FORGET, AND NOT KEEP ANY RECORD (MEMORY OR RESENTMENT) OR WRONGS AGAINST US! If your desire is to be more like God, if we ask the question, WHAT WOULD JESUS DO, before we handle or react to anything, than this is what He requires! You know why, BECAUSE THIS IS THE SAME GRACE HE EXTENDS TO US WHEN WE COME TO HIM STINKING SINNERS, AND ASK FOR FORGIVENESS! In God there is no CONDEMNATION! When we come to Him with our filth, and lay it at His feet, when we cry out for forgiveness, when we surrender all, God not only forgives, BUT HE FORGETS!!! Micah 7:19 says "You will again have compassion on us; you will tread our sins underfoot and hurl all our iniquities into the depths of the sea." God forgives us, and then takes our sins and throws them into the depth of the sea, NEVER TO THINK ON THEM AGAIN!! If God can do that for us, if He can absolve us like that, EVERY TIME WE ASK, because I know I have had to beg and plead for His forgiveness on SEVERAL OCCASIONS in my life, than I am to do the same when I forgive others! God requires us to show the same mercy to other, because that is what love is! AND GOD IS LOVE! So forgive and FORGET, not forgetting is like HOLDING ON to the hurt, it will dictate how you act towards the person or persons later down the line, and the only thing that should dictate how you respond to people is the word of God!! Not forgetting is leaving a small amount of residue that is left over from RESENTMENT, it will lie dormant, but grow and grow into a bigger problem! Forgive yes, BUT ALSO FORGET!!! KEEP NO MEMORY OF IT, HIT THE RESET BUTTON!!! The strength to do that can ONLY COME FROM GOD!! Ask God for the strength to do it, He will give it to you! ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS ASK!! I love you to LIFE!! GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE!

"Love is patient, love is kind, it does not envy it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self seeking, it is not easily angered, IT KEEPS NO RECORD OF WRONGS!!" 
1 Corinthians 13:4

For I will be merciful toward their iniquities, and I will remember their sins no more.” Hebrews 8:12


"I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins." Isaiah 43:25


"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you." Ephesians 4:32



This is the link to the Top Christian Womens Blog site, they have something for everyone, from the lost sinner, to the mature christian. Be  Blessed! https://blog.feedspot.com/christian_women_blogs/


to be continued...........

No comments:

Post a Comment