Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Reflect God

Soooo.......God really exposed something to me this morning! God has been really dealing with me about my patience, and being quick to anger or frustration! I have had opportunities to really put Gods word into action, but CHOSE to do the contrary, HANDLE IT MY WAY! My laundry days are scheduled for Monday and Thursday, but the past couple of times I found myself faced with a woman who comes in,  and puts her laundry during my time, not taking her two days a week, but encroaching on my days! The first time, I made her STOP THE LOADS AND TAKE IT OUT, the second time,  the SAME! THIS time she only stopped one, and I was ANGRRRRRYYY! So angry in fact that I cussed a couple times when talking about the situation with the maintenance man! I was thinking "DON'T LET THIS KINDNESS FOOL YOU" totally FEELING like she was taking it for a weakness. Like she thought she could continually pull this stunt because she feels I won't come at her! I asked God to forgive me for my language, for allowing myself to step out of character! Then this morning, I read about one of the most important fruits of the spirit, PATIENCE! The saying is "PATIENCE IS A VIRTURE", and it TRULY IS! What I read about patience, my actions didn't reflect AT ALL! Patience is being calm in stressful situations, SHOWING EMPATHY TO OTHERS WHEN THEY ARE NOT DOING THINGS TO OUR STANDARDS, and here is the kicker, I LOVE HOW GOD SPEAKS DIRECTLY TO ME! It went on to say, "Patience is NOT GETTING DISGRUNTLED WHEN A DELAY OCCURS THAT WON'T MATTER 10 YEARS FROM NOW, NEVER MIND TEN DAYS FROM NOW!" THERE IF WAS! I was totally CONVICTED! I failed to show grace and mercy in those situations,  I failed to show empathy, I failed to allow Gods light to shine through me! If I really thought about it, instead of me counting how many children she has (1) comparing to my own (3), I would of said, well it won't take long for her to get done, because it really didn't matter! I allowed my EMOTIONS to dictate my actions! Me being a child of God, He holds me accountable in situations like that, I was supposed to be more like Him,  and not like the world, I was supposed to extend the same grace He extends to me ON A DAILY BASIS! I can't imagine God going "WHO DOES SHE THINK SHE IS, DON'T TAKE MY KINDNESS FOR WEAKNESS", and then PUNISHING ME! WHAT IF!....but He doesn't,  because of His INFINITE PATIENCE! If God treated me like I treated her when I mess up, I WOULD BE DEAD! PERIOD! Lost in sin, and DAMNED TO HELL! So I really had to take a look at myself, we have to handle people just like how God handles us, I learned today that walking this Christian walk ABSOLUTELY means people who are not saved sometimes taking advantage of your kind nature, DON'T WE DO IT TO GOD. Everytime we slip, HE CATCHES US, forgives us, without condemnation! God is holding us at a higher standard, we can endure EVERYTHING this world and people throw at us, with His strength that He gives us!! To be like Christ means to love unconditionally, to forgive and forget, to give of yourself to people, to be a witness, to be a light. It also means that we will be taken advantage of, looked at funny, talked about! Jesus endured WORST, and He will gives us what we need to endure!! Lesson, apply the word in your life, handle yourself according to how God says we should when situations arise, and we will grow! You never know what God has planned for those situations, walk in obedience FULLY, not pick and choose what to be obedient to! The thing that makes you the most uncomfortable is God stretching you! Trust in His process!! Lean not unto your own understanding, lean on Gods! I LOVE YOU TO LIFE!! GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE!

"Be completely humble and gentle, be patient, bearing with one another in love"
EPHESIANS 4:2

"Therefore, as Gods chosen people, holy and dearly loved,  clothe yourself with compassion, kindness, humility,  gentleness and patience"
COLOSSIANS 3:12

"May the God who gives you endurance and encouragement, give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had"
ROMANS 15:5



This is the link to the Top Christian Womens Blog site, they have something for everyone, from the lost sinner, to the mature christian. Be  Blessed! https://blog.feedspot.com/christian_women_blogs/


to be continued...........


No comments:

Post a Comment