Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Why the WAIT???

Good morning brothers and sisters in Christ! This morning, during my devotional time, I thought about what God has done for me and my children, and how I was grateful. I thought about the FIRST time I gave my life to Him, and said to myself "If I would have just WAITED, and put all my trust in Him then, I wouldn't of been in the situation I was in this time last year!" The truth about myself is, I was EXTREMELY IMPATIENT! (I can still be a little impatient with people today.) The fact of the matter is, EVERY TIME I reached out to God, it was because I was in DISTRESS! I was a sinner who did what I wanted, when I wanted, said what I wanted, without any kind of convictions. Until I would find myself in this SELF INDUCED misery, to the point where I had to CRY OUT to God for help! In 2017 (the first time I gave my life to God) I was TIRED! I was running on an empty tank, I was drowning in sin and couldn't find my way to the surface for air! When I let God in, it was the greatest feeling I had ever experienced! I hadn't felt that kind of freedom, peace and joy ever before in my life. I was full of happiness, but then life hit! You see, just because God redeems, justifies, and delivers you doesn't guarantee that life after that will become a cake walk. You will still have to deal with life, and life sure hit for me a few months after. I was drowning in debt, and about to get evicted! I would pray, but wasn't seeking Gods face! I would cry out, but didn't put my TRUST in God! My impatience was at an all time high! Instead in WAITING for God to work it out, I wanted to take matters into my own hands. Instead of being still and listening for a word from God, I was angry and hurt, feeling like my decision to be saved was a waste of time! I fell back into the person I was, tried to fix the situation myself, and RUINED EVERY THING!! There is NEVER an INSTANT solution when it comes to God, NEVER!! What God wants us to do is TOTALLY SURRENDER! To do that we must give whatever it is to God, and allow Him to work it out, this happens over time! We would be like spoiled children if God just instantly gave us everything we ask for. First of all, everything we think we want and need is probably what we are not supposed to have. In order to live your BEST LIFE, we have to seek out what the will of God is for our lives! Now don't worry, because God said, "I know the plan I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future!" (Jeremiah 29:11) If you believe in what the word of God says, you will have the strength to wait on the Lord, even when it seems like you can't hang on another second! The safest place in the whole world is in the will of God, this is a song lyric that I hold VERY CLOSE to my heart. If we allow God to lead and guide us through our trials and tribulations, we will clearly see the favor of God on our lives. God will be able to reveal His true love that He has for you! God is faithful, and He is not a man that He should lie! When we don't wait, replace our peace with anxiety, and force our will on the situation, all hell breaks loose! That is something that I had to learn over and over and over again. I made a decision this time, I was tired of going through the same things ever couple of years, losing everything and having to rebuild. This time I am rebuilding with Jesus, I am allowing Him to open the doors that needs to be open, and being thankful for the doors He has closed! God will change us from the inside out, reveal our purpose and calling, give us hope and a great future, restore us, if we seek His face and His will for our lives, but the key is THE PATIENCE TO WAIT!! God bless you and I love you!! GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN YOU CAN EVER IMAGINE!!

Songs of the day: "The Will of God" by Karen Clark Sheard

"Let Us Not Be Weary" by John P. Kee

"Oh My Brother, Be Encouraged" by Hezekiah Walker

Psalms 27:14

"Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He will strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord."

Isaiah 40:31

"But they that wait on the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint."

Psalms 37:9

"For evildoers shall be cut off; but those that wait upon the Lord, they shall inherit the earth."

Psalms 65:5

"My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him."

Job 14:14

"If a man die, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come."

1 comment:

  1. We ALL do need patience! Especially me! :-) I just praise and thank God that He is ever so patient with us..when we fall short of His glory and beng stubborn sometimes.

    ReplyDelete