Monday, August 3, 2020

The Word!!

Good day, brothers and sisters in Christ! I pray that you are healthy and blessed! I found myself REALLY distracted this morning, after having a bad dream last night. Not a scary one like a horror movie, but the enemy tried to make me uneasy about what is going to happen in my life, and children's lives. Now, I know that whatever God has in store for us is going to be GREAT! All of my hopes and dreams are wrapped up in God. I have faith that Gods plan is to better our lives, and bless us, and not to hurt us. I don't worry about the unknown because of the promises of God. I am living in willful ignorance of what is to come, and I have no anxiety about what that contains. BUT, every other day, the devil tries his hardest to insert doubt!! The enemy will try to throw me off, and you know what, the slightest little negative thought can get you to start questioning your faith. The devil has been trying to get me worried, and insecure! ALL spiritual warfare starts in the mind! That is the first place the devil will strike, because everything begins with a thought! Nothing in the body happens, without the mind being in control. That is why it is VERY IMPORTANT to allow the word of God to RENEW OUR MINDS! If we thought the same way we used to before our salvation, we would continue to react and handle situations in a very unhealthy and destructive way. My memory verse for today was 2 Timothy 3:16 (NIV), "All scriptures are God breathed and is useful for TEACHING, REBUKING, CORRECTING, and TRAINING in righteousness." Teaching, rebuking, correcting, and training! TEACHING, to help us learn the ways of God, His promises, His will for our lives, how we should be as a Christian, to retrain our way of thinking, to soften our hearts. REBUKING, turning away from who we used to be, DEFLECTING THE  MANY LIES OF THE ENEMY! CORRECTING, God exposing our dark parts in order to change us, the Holy Spirit convicting us when we are about to do or say something that we know is not like God, the remedy to our old ways, the instruction manual for daily Christian living. TRAINING, having received our purpose and knowing what it is that God has called us to do, He has to mature us and prepare us for the calling! He will prepare us to walk boldly and with confidence, and will equip us with what we need to endure! How would I survive the RELENTLESS attacks of the devil without all of this information! I WOULDN'T!! I would of been back to my old ways months ago!! But God has been faithful at His word! He has never left me, whenever I feel uncertain and insecure, God is right there encouraging and reassuring me! Whenever I begin to complain (and I really have NOTHING to complain about!!!!), I am reminded of the favor God has given us! I am reminded that in just a short amount of time that He has blessed me and my children beyond what I can ever imagine! We went from being homeless with nothing, me being falsely accused and DCF thrown on me, to having a very nice apartment, and my case being closed with DCF two months after the false claim!! The closure of my case, and a beautiful place of our own, and this happened between the months of November 2019 to April 2020, in FIVE MONTHS God turned our lives around! Everything that was done to HURT me, God turned it around for our GOOD! Genesis 50:20-21 (NIV), "You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. So then, don't be afraid. I will provide for you and your children." Isn't that AMAZING! This verse speaks DIRECTLY to what has happened in my life! This is how God lets me know that everything will be okay, that we will continue on blessed, and healthy, and taken care of, NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS!!! Those are the experiences you can have by reading the word of God, EVERYDAY! Consult God, by prayer, and receive the answers in the word!!! I cannot stress how important it is to read your bible everyday!!!....and pray without ceasing!

Songs of the day: "Jesus Is My Help" by Hezekiah Walker
"Thank You" Kirk Franklin & Mary Mary
"He Turned It" by Tye Tribbett
"Press" by Maranda Curtis

Romans 12:2
"Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be ye transformed by the renewing of your of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is--His good, pleasing and perfect will."

Psalms 46:1
"God is our refuge and strength, and ever present help in trouble."

No comments:

Post a Comment