Saturday, July 25, 2020

Withstand the Temptation

Good day my brothers and sisters in Christ. I'm just going to jump right in! For the past couple of days, especially yesterday, I have been overwhelmingly DISTRACTED! I didn't even blog yesterday, I didn't sit still long enough to get a word from God. I allowed myself to be distracted with the laundry I had to go do, and everything else on MY agenda and schedule yesterday. I couldn't hear from God at all. My mind was FULL of everything else that was not important. By the end of the day do you know what I was thinking about, SEX (because that is the first thing the devil throws at me!!), and then drugs! Now, I am not saying that going to do laundry, or any other errands will cause you to sin! That would be ridiculous! What I am saying is, because I allowed myself to be distracted that morning, instead of studying the word, and hearing from God, the devil saw that as an opportunity to try and knock me off course! I just read yesterday, just to be reading, just to say I read. It didn't even feel the same! So, sex first (the devil tries me there first, because I ain't gettin' none!), then I found myself thinking about weed! Now, I used to be a person who would try and find a LOOP HOLE! If I was ever given a directive, I would find a way to do what I wanted without directly breaking the rule! So, I decided to say into my phone, "Hey Google, can I get high off of CBD oil." That is the so called inactive ingredient in marijuana! There is a place literally a five minute walk from my apartment that sells it, I found myself on there website, browsing. Now, I know what your saying, CBD oils and products have healing properties, and this and that! I am not disputing that! My thought process wasn't healing pain or anxiety, trust me. I was looking for the most potent oil I could possibly find. I wanted to feel something similar without actually smoking weed, but THE DEVIL IS A LIAR! One thing would have most definitely lead to another! If I would of walked into that place this morning (like I planned to) who's to say I wouldn't of found exactly what I was REALLY looking for, what I was originally craving in the first place! Where there is one, there is another! I have bought weed from corner stores, so I wouldn't put it past this place to have some on the low, or even have a guy there that sells it! I recognized the trap of the enemy this morning, and PUT him UNDER SUBMISSION!!! You see, I gave him the opening to try me like that. CHOOSING not to clear my mind, and really read the word of God, allowing it to take root in my spirit for the day, I left my spirit WIDE OPEN and vulnerable! That's how fast it happens, living for God and being saved is a day to day process! Having a relationship with God is one of the most important things for this lifestyle! If I didn't have a relationship with God, if I didn't allow the Holy Spirit to take charge and help me make the right decisions, I would be on my way to destruction RIGHT NOW! I thank God for the Holy Ghost! I had to tell the devil this morning that my mind if made up, NO TURNING BACK! I had to let him know that I am MORE THAN A CONQUEROR, FULLY COMMITTED, SAVED, FREE FROM THE BONDAGE OF DRUGS AND ALCOHOL! I told that devil IF GOD BE FOR ME WHO CAN BE AGAINST ME, I AM DELIVERED, I HAVE THE VICTORY and that he had NO PLACE IN MY LIFE AT ALL! God has given us the power to put the devil under our feet! To grind him into the ground where he belongs, PERIOD! Day by day, if you spend time with God, read His word, the more powerful you become. You will recognize when the devil is attempting to take you out, you will be aware when he is trying to set a trap for you! In the end, its all about CHOICES, once the Holy Spirit tells you the right thing to do (its that feeling in your belly and your heart, it feels like a mixing and pulling, like a WARNING SIREN), it is up to you make the right decision, or give into the flesh! God doesn't force us to do anything, He is not a tyrant or a dictator! He wants us to choose the right path because we love Him, and want the best for our lives and the lives of others! You CANNOT STAND against the attacks of the enemy without a relationship with God by reading and studying His word (the Bible), and prayer. Prayer keeps an open line of communication (which is healthy, and a great thing in ANY relationship), and reading the bible, allowing the scriptures to take root in your heart and spirit will ensure your victory! Our relationship with God, prayer life, and Gods word will give you a strong foundation! If your foundation is strong (and if you reinforce it daily by prayer and the word of God, letting it take root by obedience) you won't fall for every trick of the enemy! Please remember, the devil cannot take away what God has promised to you, or the calling on your life, he can ONLY DISTRACT you and CREATE SEPARATION between you and God! Distracting and delaying are the extent of his powers! DO NOT give that devil more power of your life than he has!!! I love you and may God bless and keep you always. GOD LOVES YOU MORE THAN ANYONE OR ANYTHING!!

2 Thessalonians 10:4-5
"Bur the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen you and protect you from the evil one."

Ephesians 6:10-11
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes."

1 Peter 5:8-9
"Be alert and of SOBER mind. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. RESIST him, standing firm in the faith because you know that the family of believers throughout the world is undergoing the same kind of sufferings."

James 4:7 
"SUBMIT yourselves, then, to God, RESIST the devil and he WILL FLEE FROM YOU."

1 Corinthians 10:13
"No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; He will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when your are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it."

No comments:

Post a Comment